Derek is a website designer, developer, and a graphic designer. He specializes in building new mobile-friendly websites, repairing malfunctioning websites, and offering graphic design and online (digital) marketing services to individuals and businesses.
He's also what's called a full-stack developer, which means he designs and develops both the front-end (what you see) of a website and the back-end (what you do not see). He loves the combination of creative art and computer programming that goes into website design and development. He does not like to call his work "web design" because he does not design the web - he designs sites that are connected together on the web (internet).
He realized his passion for website design when he took an introductory course while attending F.L.C.C. even though his college major primarily focused on the Java programming language and Calculus.
His 2 Favorite Colors: blue, red
Location: Macedon, New York, U.S.A.
- September 2011 - December 2015: Computer Science, A.S.
Finger Lakes Community College, 3325 Marvin Sands Drive, Canandaigua, NY 14424
- August 2009 - May 2010: Digital Cinema
Rochester Institute of Technology, 1 Lomb Memorial Drive, Rochester, NY 14623
- June 2009: Advanced Regents diploma
Palmyra-Macedon Central High School, 151 Hyde Parkway, Palmyra, NY 14522
Honors and Certifications
Note: Click on an image to see the full size version.
Phi Theta Kappa
Alpha Beta Gamma
Associate of Science
degree in Computer Science
Wix Web Design 2021
Level 1: Beginner
Wix Web Design 2021
Level 2: Intermediate
The Complete Digital Marketing Course:
12 Courses in 1
Beginner to Intermediate
LinkedIn Marketing, Lead Generation, and B2B Sales
2021 Business Recognition Certificate
- Website design and development (desktop, tablet, and mobile device-friendly, responsive, intuitive)
- Database creation and management
- UI (user interface), UX (user experience), responsive design
- Content Management System (WordPress) installation, tutorials, and management
- Marketing: social media, Google Ads, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- Email content creation and marketing
- Website traffic data (Google Analytics, Tag Manager)
- Business listing for local directories (Google My Business, Bing, Yahoo, DuckDuckGo)
- Business inventory listing on eBay, Amazon, Etsy, Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, your own e-commerce (online store) website, etc.
- Editing and proofreading of documents, advertisements, books, booklets, and academic papers using high-tech software
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills, including excellent interpersonal skills.
- Collaborative approach when working with clients.
- Service-oriented attitude, supporting a team and helping clients.
- A self-starter that demonstrates high levels of enthusiasm and creativity, and exhibits good follow-through.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage tasks on multiple projects in a team environment.
- Motivated to solve problems, take on new tasks based on customer requests, and focus on continuous improvement.
Contact me for a free consultation, read my frequently asked questions, or go back to the top.